Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Tory Burch Thora Sandal Review


Hi all! How is every one's Tuesday going so far? We got an early start this morning because my daughter had a dentist appointment at 7:10 a.m.!  We got her teeth cleaned (no cavities--yea!) and made it to school on time too.   She has an orthodontist appointment later today so this is a day of oral health for her!

Last Friday I had posted (click here to see) about some pretties that I had ordered for myself with some birthday cash. So I thought I would so some reviews this week as they all start to trickle in.

First up is the Tory Burch Thora sandal in black patent. I received these sandals late yesterday. Unfortunately, our UPS person comes late and the hubs actually intercepted the order. I hate it when that happens!  Anyway, I was finishing up with dinner and he comes in the kitchen and tells me that I have a package from Tory B*@&%.  Very funny. (not really...).

I was able to get into the box after dinner and they are very cute and just what I was looking for. They smell like leather when you open the box which is always a good thing. The patent leather is nice and shiny and the foot bed appears to be leather also. The bottom is rubbery and very lightweight.


As you can see, there is a pattern on the foot bed. I had read some reviews that stated that this was painful to the bottom of your feet at first. I have only walked around the house in these so far, but this is not bothering me at all at the moment.


See how shiny the patent leather is? I am not sure I would like these as much in the tumbled leather. I like tumbled leather, but it might be boring on this simple thong sandal. The patent leather gives them a little zip. The silver Tory Burch logo is prominent but not over the top. Some of her logos on the shoes and handbags are a little much in my opinion and I like the little more understated logo on this shoe.


In case you are interested, here is the bottom of the shoe with more Tory logo so you can leave a Tory Burch imprint wherever you go. As mentioned earlier, they are very lightweight on the feet.

They come in only whole sizes and I am a size 8 but sometimes will take an 8.5 if I need some width because my tootsies are a touch wide. I ordered the 8 and they fit perfectly and are quite comfortable.

I plan to wear these sandals a lot over the spring and summer and even into the fall because I am in Florida. They will look great with shorts and pants/jeans and even with casual dresses and skirts. They would also be perfect on the beach or by the pool. As far as longevity goes, only time will tell. My first impression is that they will not last more than a couple of years and the retail price of $125 might be a bit much for them. I used a $50 birthday coupon to purchase these and that makes them a little more worth it. The bottom line is that I give the Tory Burch Thora sandal the thumbs up and would probably purchase another color if a good sale came along.

So what do you think? Do you have the Thora sandal? Do you have any other Tory Burch items that you love? I would love to hear your opinion.

Hope you are having a spectacular Tuesday!


Subscribe by email

Follow on Bloglovin

Subscribe to Pearls in Paradise in a reader

Follow Me on Pinterest 

2 comments:

  1. Too cute!! Love that they are lightweight and will go with anything!

    I need to go shopping now!!

    Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keep me entertained, so feel free to leave me one!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...