Friday, April 26, 2013

Retail Therapy


Hello all! It's been a while, but I am still here! Do you find yourself getting a little burned out at the end of the school year? Well, that is where I am at the moment. I am SO ready for summer and a simpler schedule. This week has been super hectic because my daughter is in a school play.  She has two more performances today and then we can relax!

I decided that I needed a little retail therapy to give me a boost.  I also had  some birthday money burning a hole in my pocket and have found a few sales too tempting.

I love Tory Burch but have never bit the bullet and put up the cash for any of her beautiful things. I get emails from them and I must have put my birthday in because they emailed me a $50 coupon to be used pretty much on anything. I needed some new black sandals, so I ended up ordering these cuties in black patent.



I haven't received the order yet so I will have to let you know how they are. I think they will look cute with pretty much any casual outfit! My Tory Burch loving sister also shared that if you order via the Tory Burch store on Facebook, you can always get free shipping with no minimum! Thanks Sis!

I also needed some new brown sandals too. I have some adorable brown thongs that I have had for years, but the sole has split and they will have to be retired.  I decided that I wanted another pair of Jack Rogers sandals if I could find them in the right shade of brown. I want more of a saddle color of brown as opposed to a darker and more true brown.  This is what I found:



I ordered these babies on Amazon and the price is a super deal because they have them priced like regular Jack Roger sandals instead of the Black Label price which is usually a bit higher.  They are a bit expensive but these sandals are excellent quality and they literally last forever, so they are worth the money in my opinion. The style is so iconic and timeless. I think I will get a lot of wear out of them.

Moving away from shoes now.....   I also have a small JCrew order arriving today. I had a 30% off coupon and just felt the need to use it too.  I found these pretties for my closet:


The Ikat tee was in the sale section (final sale actually---ugghh!). I think it will be a great casual top to wear with shorts and jeans.




I recently bought a long sleeve chambray shirt which I  love because of it's versatility. I did a post here.  This short sleeve chambray top was a bit of an impulse buy, but I think I might find it equally versatile to wear when it is warmer and I don't want to wear long sleeves. It is also a darker shade than my long sleeve version. I am not crazy about the button up to the top look though....

I also would love a new summer handbag, but that one might have to wait a bit.  I love this bag from JCrew.


This bag would actually be suitable for year round use and the style is quite classic. I love the saddle color!  I do have a bag of similar color which is in excellent condition but I have had that bag for probably 10 years! It is a traditional tote but the straps kill my shoulders, so I am thinking of replacing it. I want to watch this bag to see if the price might eventually come down a bit. I can get it at 30% off now, but it is still a bit much.

I also LOVE Kate Spade bags and wold love to have this little beauty!


The color is perfect for summer and the quilting is so yummy! This bag is the perfect size for me too. I really don't like gigantic bags. Now if only I had some more birthday money......

I have noticed that retailers are really pushing the longer strap cross body bags. I am just not that crazy about that look and really prefer a traditional shoulder bag.  I would imagine that the cross body bags would be very convenient since you can walk around with your hands-free. What are your thoughts about cross body bags? Love 'em? Hate 'em?

I hope that you have a fabulous weekend! I hope to have some more projects for you soon....



Subscribe by email

Follow on Bloglovin

Subscribe to Pearls in Paradise in a reader

Follow Me on Pinterest 

2 comments:

  1. I love that Kate Spade bag, I've been eyeing that for a while. I want a chain-strap quilted bag badly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the content of this blog. Nice information you have provided on this blog. Bedroom Furniture Online

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keep me entertained, so feel free to leave me one!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...